The front office receptionist/administrative assistant will work under the immediate supervision of the Vice President of Corporate Advancement. The employee is responsible for the overall flow and efficiency of the reception area to include management of all incoming visitors, phone calls, deliveries, and mail. The position serves as the hub of the organization while serving as support staff to other positions and is responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
Staff Relations/Team Building
- Participates in meetings and in-services given by the Center.
- Helps to implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems such as Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Meaningful Use (MU), and other programs or objectives for HCI.
- Supports and helps to achieve HCI’s clinical and business work plan in accordance with standards required to meet Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition and other programs or objectives for HCI.
- 4. Develop collaborative relationships with other departments, services, and community health care agencies to facilitate and support quality care
- Primary to answer all incoming phone lines.
- Accurately transfer incoming calls to the correct individual or department or take messages if necessary.
- Maintain an efficient and accurate central filing system that is maintained timely and have the ability to pull files upon request.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere of the reception area to include entire entryway and reception area, keeping the area free of clutter and presentable to our all visitors.
- Maintain and distribute all internal communications in a timely manner; i.e. distribution of memos, updated extension lists, and email address lists, distribution of incoming mail, message taking and distribution.
- Maintain all support equipment such as keeping copier machine and fax machine paper full and toner in supply.
- Maintain the postage meter and ensure that adequate postage is always available.
- Ensure that all outgoing mail is metered or has postage and is sent out the same day. The internal policy states that all billing statements and insurance claims must be mailed the same day they are printed to avoid breaching any HIPPA regulations. Any mail that might contain patient information, (records requests, statements, insurance correspondence or claims) must be locked up if placed in the mail tray after the mail has run for the day (overnight) or must be delivered to the post office.
- Prepare monthly reports as directed by the immediate supervisor to support the company as needed.
- Utilize practice management software to make patient appointments when necessary. Use discretion as to when it is appropriate to transfer a call to another staff member for further direction to the patient/caller.
- Maintains Corporate Maintenance, Room Resource, and Outreach Events Calendars.
- Other duties as assigned.