Here at Healthy Connections, we want to assure our family of patients that we are taking the current coronavirus threat seriously. Everybody has questions, many of us feel anxious about our health or that of loved ones, and all of us are living with uncertainty.
For the foreseeable future, we will be sharing brief posts here every few days with information to help keep you and your family safe.
Our website (www.healthy-connections.org/covid-19) will link to helpful resources and has information on symptoms to look out for and practices to reduce your risk of infection. These will be updated as the situation develops.
Top tips for safety today? Hand washing 101!
- Wash like a pro
- 20-30 seconds of lathering with plenty of soap and hot water, being sure to include finger web-spaces, the backs of your hands, under your nails, the pads of your fingers, the first part of your wrists
- Keep your nails trimmed to make cleaning easier
- Make it fun for kids – use foaming soap; sing a song; have a “most suds” or “fastest scrubbing” competition
- Wash regularly
- After touching your face; blowing your nose; using your cellphone, computer or tablet; using the restroom; eating meals; arriving home/at work; driving your car; physical contact with another person
- Before eating or preparing food; leaving work/home