136 Health Park Lane, Mena, AR
Who we’re seeking
Healthy Connections is seeking a Clinic Support Coordinator (CSC) to work with our Community Health Network locations.
Healthy Connections Community Health Network is a Mena-based nonprofit organization serving the needs of children and adults throughout the areas we serve. Since its founding in 1998 as a home-visiting program, Healthy Connections has been able to provide much-needed health, dental, behavioral health, and social services to families of every lifestyle.
How you’ll contribute
The Clinic Support Coordinator (CSC) is responsible for assisting with implementation and project management of the EMR & EDR software. This role assists with training and coordinator of new and current staff.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in the management of, and training on, the EMR/EDR system.
- Developing and coordinating training seminars on EMR/EDR system.
- Troubleshooting software based problems and communicating resolutions to all appropriate staff.
- Submitting all issues to EMR vendor that are not resolved in house.
- Collecting and recording data accurately.
- Developing and managing the plan for implementation of the EMR/EDR system updates.
- Identifying staff needs and customizing EMR/EDR system to meet those needs.
- Serving as 340B Program Coordinator
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K retirement savings account
- Vacation and sick leave
- Four-day workweek
- And more
Qualifications for this job
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and skilled proficiency in a wide variety of project management tools.
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary and approved by supervisor.
- Proven experience in project development.
- Some exposure to, and familiarity with, medical terminology.
- Some exposure to, and familiarity with, IT and networking technology and terminology is preferred
- Role involves standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, sitting, twisting, driving, and the ability to lift and carry 20 pounds.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Telephone courtesy.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Modern office practices and procedures including email; intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
- Excellent organizational, written and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to understand verbal communication and instruction, exchange verbal information and to present information verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities and others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently as well in a group setting.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaintfilingcust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442
Healthy Connections is an approved NHSC site offering health workforce incentive programs such as scholarships and loan repayments for those that qualify.
If you are interested in joining our fast-growing Community Health Network, please fill out the application form.