- 136 Health Park Lane, Mena, Arkansas 71953
Who we’re seeking
Healthy Connections is seeking a Finance Assistant II to work out of our flagship location in Mena, Ark.
Duties for the Finance Assistant II include:
- Accounts payable functions for credit/purchasing card vendors. This position is security sensitive and reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Helps implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems, such as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Meaningful Use (MU), and other programs and objectives for Healthy Connections.
- Supports and helps to achieve Healthy Connections’ clinical and business work plan following standards required to meet Patient Centered Medical Home recognition and other programs or objectives.
- Disperse accurate and timely funds through accounts payable for credit/purchasing card purchases.
- Accurate and timely entry of A/P invoices and statements for credit/purchasing card purchases.
- Reconciliation of credit/purchasing card statements and discrepancy corrections.
- Accurate coding of Purchase Orders for approval.
- Maintain cash receipts for documentation for clinic tills, daily deposit log, and other receivable payment sources
- Create upload files for daily till deposits
- Update Daily Deposit Spreadsheet with EFT information
- Assists the Finance team in the five-day month-end close process
- Cross-train and serve as backup for other Finance team members as needed.
- Develop and maintain a clearly labeled desk manual, including current step-by-step instructions for processes, major functions, tasks, and information related to performing the role of Finance Assistant II.
Qualifications for this job
- Minimum of a high school diploma and two-year accounting experience required, preferably fund accounting.
- Must possess a working knowledge of accounting principles/fund accounting as applied to HCI.
- Must possess organizational skills to adequately manage projects.
- Knowledge of HCI rules, regulations, and policies.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- The ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
- Excellent organizational, written, and customer service skills are necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities, and others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
Employee Benefits Include
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401k retirement savings account
- Vacation and sick leave
- Four-day workweek
- And more
Who we are
Healthy Connections is a Mena-based Community Health Network with locations throughout southwest and central Arkansas. Since its founding as a home-visiting program in 1998, Healthy Connections has been able to provide much-needed health, dental, behavioral health, and social services to families of every lifestyle. Services include primary care/family medicine, specialty services including cardiology, podiatry, and women’s health, My Kids Pediatric Clinic, Evolve Behavioral Health Services and Medication Management, Health For Life Clinic, Healthy Families Arkansas Polk, and Garland counties, and more. Learn more about Healthy Connections at www.healthy-connections.org.