Who we’re seeking
Healthy Connections is seeking a Referral Assistant to work with our Community Health Network clinics.
1201 Mena St., Mena, AR 71953 (Flexible based on home base of top candidates)
Who we are
Healthy Connections, a Federally-Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing quality medical, dental, and behavioral health services to Western and Central Arkansas, is currently seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Referral Assistant to join our team. With a commitment to Community, Compassion, and Excellence, we aim to make a positive impact on the health and well-being of our communities. If you’re passionate about contributing to meaningful healthcare services, we invite you to be a part of our mission.
How you’ll contribute
As a Referral Assistant at Healthy Connections, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our patients receive the care they need by effectively managing referrals initiated by our Referral Coordinator. You will collaborate with our healthcare team to ensure the seamless coordination of services, patient education, and efficient communication.
- Follow established protocols to ensure proper follow-up on referrals and diagnostic testing.
- Assist the healthcare team in educating patients and their families, offering support with external resources when required.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with patients, ensuring all scheduling requirements are met.
- Enter detailed follow-up information into the computer system, diligently updating each step until completion.
- Uphold patient confidentiality at all times.
- Close referral loops accurately and in a timely manner.
- Handle tasks such as requesting records, Medicaid referrals, refaxing referrals as needed, returning patient phone calls, and responding to task management messages.
We offer competitive salary, generous benefits benefits, 401(k) retirement plan and discounted Medical and Dental treatment for employees are a small part of the package. Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Employees’ families are eligible for the same benefits at discounted pre-tax rates. .
- Competitive Salary
- Four-day workweek
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- And more
Qualifications for this job
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and familiar with network systems.
- Strong ability to understand, present, and exchange verbal instructions and information.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong written communication and customer service abilities.
- Willingness to travel to various locations and attend meetings outside the service area.
- Effective verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with patients, colleagues, business entities, and others.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaintfilingcust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442
Healthy Connections is an approved NHSC site offering health workforce incentive programs such as scholarships and loan repayments for those that qualify.
Ready to join our team?
If you’re passionate about making a difference in healthcare and believe in our values of Community, Compassion, and Excellence, we encourage you to apply for the Referral Assistant position. Join us in our journey to provide exceptional healthcare services and contribute to healthier communities.