Healthy Connections is seeking an accountant to work with our clinics. This position will train in Mena, Arkansas, but could be based at another Healthy Connections location depending on the applicant's location.
The Accountant is responsible for applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to prepare financial reports, compile financial statements, analyze financial data, and ensure the financial integrity of Healthy Connections, Inc. and Healthy Connections Specialty LLC. Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the accountant maintains and executes a variety of financial procedures, including month-end and year-end closings, general ledger entries, budgeting, and other duties to ensure compliance in financial operations. This position is security-sensitive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required and 3-5 years accrual accounting experience
- Must be knowledgeable/experienced in GAAP, budgeting, and all aspects of financial management, including general accounting, cost accounting, payroll, accounts receivable and payable
- Strong business acumen and common sense
- Experience with fixed asset accounting and tracking
- Ability to understand financial policy and grant requirements and ability to evaluate grants and functional areas for compliance.
- Working knowledge of Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Federal Qualified Health Center (FQHC) program requirements
- Ability to provide required information on time and with a high degree of accuracy and transparency
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, manage projects and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience working with complex spreadsheets
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Excellent organizational, written and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities and others.
- Experience and proficiency in Abila MIP a plus.
- Healthcare industry, non-profit and/or FQHC experience a plus.
- Crystal reports writing experience a plus.
If interested, please apply by uploading your resume and letter of interest using the form below.