Healthy Connections seeks a centralized scheduler based at our Mena Street location in Mena.
The Centralized Scheduler serves as one of the first points of contact for patients of Healthy Connections, Inc. (HCI) to ensure the consistent delivery of patient-centered care. In doing so, this position is responsible for creating a positive first impression of the practice by greeting patients and other callers in a friendly and professional manner. The scheduler must be familiar with the contents of the organization’s website and serve as a knowledgeable resource to callers. The scheduler quickly and accurately assesses the nature of the call and directs callers to the appropriate department/person or schedules patient appointments according to practice protocols. The scheduler obtains necessary information for new and established patients and enters appropriate information into the electronic scheduling system. The scheduler works as part of the medical office team performing duties necessary to schedule patients for visits, arrange for payment, and to make reappointments when necessary. Duties include but are not limited to telephone answering, making appointments, preparing electronic charts, maintaining knowledge of sliding fee and third-party payment information, company website, and procedures for collecting payments via telephone.
- High school education
- Two years experience in a medical office
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) skills are preferred but not required.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
- Excellent organizational, written, and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to understand verbal communication and instruction, exchange verbal information and to present information verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities and others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
- This employee would be a co-equal to the other support staff and will require time management skills and the ability to prioritize duties to successfully complete the assigned tasks.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401k retirement savings account
- Vacation and sick leave
- Four-day workweek
- And more