Healthy Connections Community Health Network is seeking Covid-19 Community Health Worker for the LIttle Rock metro area.
This position is a full-time, 1-year contract position.
The Community Health Worker will be based in Little Rock but will have responsibility for areas in and surrounding the city. The CHW will conduct community outreach and health education around Covid-19and act as a bridge to Covid-19 testing, vaccines, and support services. This position will include some night and weekend work.
- Conduct Covid-19 outreach and engage residents in the City of Little Rock
- Provide education on Covid-19 prevention, testing, vaccination, and support services
- Maintain a log of activities and complete regular reports in order to meet grant objectives
- Serve as an member of HCI’s Covid-19 operations team, providing strategy input and feedback
- Attend community testing and vaccination events to provide outreach and support
- Refer community members to services, resources, and information based on their stated needs
- Build and maintain relationships with community members and organizational partners
- Assist with Covid CARE Support Services including outreach, deliveries, and referrals
- Must be a Certified Community Health Worker or able to attend the 2022 Community Health Worker course.
- Must live in the area or have a close connection to the specific neighborhoods in and around Little Rock.
- Experience in community education/outreach with knowledge of public health topics such as health equity, health disparities, and social determinants of health.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to work independently, including organizing and prioritizing activities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
Healthy Connections is a Mena-based Community Health Network with locations throughout southwest and central Arkansas. Since its founding as a home-visiting program in 1998, Healthy Connections has been able to provide much-needed health, dental, behavioral health, and social services to families of every lifestyle. Services include primary care/family medicine, specialty services including cardiology, podiatry, and women’s health, My Kids Pediatric Clinic, Evolve Behavioral Health Services and Medication Management, Health For Life Clinic, Healthy Families Arkansas Polk and Garland counties, and more. Learn more about Healthy Connections at www.healthy-connections.org.