Healthy Connections seeks a PRN Dental Hygienist to work with our Mena dental clinic.
The dental hygienist develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients; performs patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a qualified dentist.
- Bachelor's degree in a directly related clinical field with no previous experience required
- Current licensure as a dental hygienist
- The successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check; may be required to submit to annual TB and rubella screening
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional guidelines and regulations for the provision of dental outpatient services
- Ability to independently assess the nature and extent of dental, periodontic, and associated conditions and pathology in dental outpatients
- Knowledge of patient screening, charting, and medical history procedures and documentation
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Ability to perform a full range of established dental hygienist protocols and procedures
- Ability to analyze medical records and prescribed protocol to formulate effective therapeutic plans
- Knowledge and understanding of dental surgery and associated procedures, terminology, and techniques.
- Ability to set up and prepare dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established regulations and guidelines
- Ability to independently perform emergency dental procedures
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Excellent organizational, written, and customer service skills
- Ability to travel to all locations and meetings outside the service area
- Ability to understand verbal communication and instruction, exchange verbal information, and present information verbally.
- Ability to establish aNd maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities, and others
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and problem-solve independently