Healthy Connections Community Health Network is seeking an experienced Dermatology APRN or Physician Assistant in Mena.
The Dermatology Nurse practitioner provides the full range of Dermatology provider services emphasizing quality, timeliness, and the advancement of our mission. The Dermatology Care Nurse Practitioner provides advanced clinical practice, consultation, and management of an assigned panel of patients with dermatological disease in the outpatient clinic setting.
This is a full-time clinical position involving the provision of Dermatology services; these services will be rendered in a thoughtful and resource-effective manner consistent both with Healthy Connections’ policies, Such activities include, but are not limited to, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illness; basic dermatology procedures including biopsies, cryotherapy, electrodesiccation, and curettage; patient and family teaching, consulting and collaborating with other health care providers; prescribing medications and adjunctive modalities; refers appropriately to other specialties as needed; provides care coordination between service lines; and communication with patients and/or their appropriate surrogates regarding findings and management plans. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise the delivery of outpatient care for dermatology and general medicine patients including patient evaluation; treatment including biopsies and cryotherapy, order appropriate medications, schedule follow-up as needed, appropriate referrals as needed.
- Serve as primary Dermatology provider for an independent panel of clinic patients after an initial training period.
- Perform new patient dermatology consultation and return dermatology visits and telephone follow-up visits and collaborate with staff. Establish a comprehensive plan of care based on clinical findings and standards of care. Establish mutual goals with the patient/family.
- Prescribe medications based on patients' status, accepted scientific guidelines, prescriptive authority, and ongoing evaluation of therapies.
- Lead and direct others in Dermatology to assure access to and continuity of care across the Healthy Connections continuum, between referral bases, and transitioning from inpatient/observation status toward outpatient follow-up care.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, including but not limited to skin biopsies, laboratory tests, and appropriate radiology studies.
- Help triage requests for outpatient Dermatology consultation in a timely manner, coordinate tests and visits based on clinical urgency, and assist in facilitating referrals from other Healthy Connection facilities. Support and enhance the mission and goals of Healthy Connections Community Health Network.
- Work effectively with others to initiate and lead interdisciplinary groups, and establish relationships with professional and/or other related groups within the community.
- Develop a professional practice by leadership and accomplishments in the development and implementation of best-practice guidelines in patient care and healthcare delivery.
- Demonstrate ability to function independently in advanced leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Proactive in identifying potential emergency/crisis situations and providing appropriate interventions.
- Master's Degree and Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant certification
- Certification in the Dermatology specialty
- Minimum of two years experience and 3,000 hours of practice in dermatology as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401k retirement savings account
- Vacation and sick leave
- Four-day workweek
- And more