Healthy Connections Community Health Network is seeking an HIV Program Coordinator/Case Manager based in Little Rock.
The HIV Program Coordinator/Case Manager (PC/CM) is a Registered Professional Nurse who has clinical experience with medically complex patients. The PC/CM manages all aspects of the PCHP-HIV program including case management for all patients who test positive for HIV and receive HIV-specific care at the health center and all patients who are prescribed PrEP services to ensure that patients are connected to care and remain engaged in treatment. This position requires expertise in the nursing process and critical thinking skills to plan and coordinate care. Works in coordination with the Referral Coordinator, Clinical Pharmacist, multiple PCPs, LPNs, and the Director of Quality. The PC/CM monitors patient progress and coordinates clinic and community resources to assist patients in reaching disease prevention targets. Assists patients/families, staff, and systems to achieve high quality, evidence-based, cost-effective, and patient-focused outcomes. The work includes responsibility for significant interpersonal staff and public contact, appropriate and professional conduct, professional attire, independent judgment, discretion, and personal initiative as well as resolution of difficult and complex problems. Excellent communication skills and the ability to consistently maintain composure throughout all situations are an absolute must for this position.
Manage all aspects of the PCHP-HIV program including:
- Oversees program compliance, budgets, and program performance by analyzing aggregate data and reporting trends.
- Ensures patient confidentiality
- Serve as system navigator and point of contact for patients and families, with patients and families having direct access for asking questions and raising concerns. May assume advocate role on the patient's behalf to ensure approval of the necessary supplies/services for the patient in a timely fashion.
- Develop weekly reports using i2i and eMDS to identify patients who are scheduled for well visits who need HIV testing.
- Develop weekly reports using i2i and eMDS to identify patients who are scheduled for well visits who are high-risk for contracting HIV and could benefit from PrEP services.
- Develop reports using i2i and eMDS to identify patients who are at high risk for contracting HIV and are not scheduled for a well visit and pro-actively reaching out to these patients to schedule a visit for a PrEP evaluation visit.
- Work with uninsured patients to enroll in Medicaid or an insurance program through the Exchange to ensure that treatment costs, including the cost of PrEP medication, follow-up visits, and lab costs are covered so that cost is not a barrier to care.
- Evaluate patients for Social Determinates of Health (SDOH) and work to remove barriers to care such as lack of housing, food insecurity, transportation issues, etc.
- Work with community partners to schedule outreach education and testing events.
- Strengthen the relationship with local 340B pharmacies and drug manufacturers to secure medication assistance for uninsured patients and those whose health insurance does not cover the full cost of the medication.
- Develops relationships with medication assistance programs for PrEP and assists patients enrolling in these programs.
- Work with the electronic health record vendor, eMDS, to initiate the sexual history SMART form.
- Work with health center administration to modify clinical workflows to incorporate the sexual history SMART form and HIV testing as part of the regular visit protocol.
- Work with the Quality Improvement Committee to gather the data necessary to evaluate the program’s clinical measures and prepare regular reports for the Board and HRSA.
- Ensure that patients' primary care chart is up to date with information on specialist consults, hospitalizations, ER visits, and community organizations related to their health.
- Perform patient teaching, patient self-management/self-efficacy coaching, and planned care management. Ensures coordination for specialty and other handoffs as necessary.
- Assist patients in accessing their health care benefits, i.e. transportation, interpretation services, etc.
- Routinely provide patients with other clinic and community-based resource materials as appropriate.
- Certification of practice as a Registered Nurse, or a Licensed Practical Nurse with previous case management experience.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written information.
- Must be qualified in Basic Life Support techniques.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- The ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
- Excellent organizational, written, and customer service skills are necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities, and others.
Desired for the position:
- Experience relative to HIV Prevention, HIV Care, Substance Abuse/Mental Health Prevention, or Substance Abuse/Mental Health Treatment Services.
- Experience with case management of complex patients
- Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish.
- Familiarity with PCMH (Patient-Centered Medical Home), as well as MU (Meaningful Use), preferred.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401k retirement savings account
- Vacation and sick leave
- Four-day workweek
- And more
Healthy Connections is a Mena-based Community Health Network with locations throughout southwest and central Arkansas. Since its founding as a home-visiting program in 1998, Healthy Connections has been able to provide much-needed health, dental, behavioral health, and social services to families of every lifestyle. Services include primary care/family medicine, specialty services including cardiology, podiatry, and women’s health, My Kids Pediatric Clinic, Evolve Behavioral Health Services and Medication Management, Health For Life Clinic, Healthy Families Arkansas Polk and Garland counties, and more. Learn more about Healthy Connections at www.healthy-connections.org.