Healthy Connections is seeking an Infectious Disease Nurse Practitioner to join our team. As a patient-centered medical home, Healthy Connections is a resource for prevention, wellness, and quality healthcare. Committed to treating the whole person in both mind and body throughout the life cycle our services include primary care, pediatric care, senior care, women's care, MAT addition therapy, HIV/AIDS treatment, PrEP Therapy, transgender treatment, dental care, pharmacy, and integrated behavioral health. Healthy Connections is certified as a Federally Qualified Health Center by HRSA.
Healthy Connections offers our care team members a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to serve in a mission-minded organization. For more information on our community organization, visit our website at www.healthy-connections.org.
The primary purpose of the Nurse Practitioner is to provide care to patients with chronic illnesses, rehabilitation, preventive health measures, and health maintenance and health education services. The preferred provider will be a registered professional nurse with advanced training, functions as a collaborative member of the health care team in the delivery of comprehensive health and health maintenance to patients in a medical practice and work with collaborating physicians to care for patients with Infectious Diseases. Certification as a MAT Addiction Therapy provider is a plus.
Responsibilities and Standards:
- Elicits histories and conducts physicals.
- Maintains ethical and professional standards deemed appropriate by peers.
- Performs other related duties as indicated or when requested by the supervisor.
- Educates patients on all aspects of health maintenance.
- Orders appropriate labs, EKGs, x-rays, and be able to recognize abnormal findings.
- Prescribes and dispenses medications and treatments
- Initiates requests for consultation or referral with appropriate professionals, clinics, or other health care resources as indicated
- Assesses and triages patients.
- Refers or seeks consultation with physicians when a patient has a condition for which the nurse practitioner is not credentialed.
- Provides short-term, individual, or family teaching on a diet, weight control, birth control, and sex education
- Participates in QA/QI and Peer Review.
- NP will work with collaborating physicians to care for patients with Infectious Diseases.
- Job duties involve conceptual analysis and the resolution of complex problems and situations. Most responsibilities are stated in terms of objectives to be reached, instead of the specific means by which results are to be achieved. Situations will be encountered that involve the need to determine the problem itself before solutions are proposed.
- Written and verbal communication skills are essential to job performance, including providing both technical factual information and the objective and subjective analyses of the information. Those receiving the information may be emotional or uncooperative, requiring the employee to resolve the conflict or diffuse tension.
- May be required to perform the duties of other employees, including supervisors/managers, in their absence.
- May be required to perform duties and responsibilities not listed in this description, on a temporary or long-term basis
- Education/Training Level
- Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Certified Program or a Master's Degree in Nursing with Certification as a Nurse Practitioner
- Must maintain required CME credits. Maintains CPR, PALS, and other requirements as defined by HCN Credentials Committee.
- Has 3-5 years of experience with Infectious Disease (HIV) in a diverse population.
- Experience in Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) addiction therapy and/or women’s health a plus
- Licenses & Certifications
- Must possess a current Arkansas license to practice as an APRN.
- Certification as an MAT addiction treatment provider preferred
- Communication Skills-
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Technology Skills
- Strong understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of Electronic Health Records
- Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong business acumen and common sense
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate clinic team members
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
If interested, please submit your resume and letter of interest using the following form.