Healthy Connections is seeking an experienced pediatrician (MD/DO) to work with our Community Health Network location in Hot Springs.
The pediatrician works as part of the medical provider team. Responsibilities include a variety of direct patient services, including assessment, diagnosis, implementation of treatment, evaluation, and monitoring the general patient management plan for pediatrics patients.
- Provides direct primary medical care by caring for pediatric patients
- Develops a plan of care for each patient, including complete medical history, physician examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment, and/or referral including hospitalization where necessary.
- Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Teaches and counsels patients and families.
Staff Relations/Team Building:
- Confers with consulting physicians, nurses, patients, and patients’ families concerning treatment and care of patients.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the community health center to meet the goals of providing primary health care.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the Medical Director, Assigned Physician or APN, Director of Quality, or Quality Assurance Reviewer to meet the goal of providing primary healthcare services.
- Assesses, diagnoses implements treatment evaluates, and monitors patients’ health status.
- Performs complete physical examinations on patients.
- Diagnose acute and chronic illness on the basis of clinical findings, laboratory and x-ray reports, and/or the results of other diagnostic procedures according to approved protocols.
- Renders emergency care and treatment.
- Uses all available resources in diagnosis and treatment such as laboratory and radiological testing in an appropriate and cost-efficient manner.
- Refers to patients requiring hospitalization or require specialist services but maintains responsibility assuring that continuity of care is provided.
- Makes every effort to maintain sufficient patient encounters to comply with the Bureau of Primary Healthcare requirements.
- Perform his/her duties in accordance with the rules of ethics of the medical profession.
- Perform his/her duties in accordance with the appropriate standard of care for his/her medical profession and specialty.
- Perform individual emergency treatment while already providing or undertaking covered services.
- 4-day work week
- No weekends
- No on-call
- All daytime shifts
- 401K with match
- Paid medical and dental insurance
- Four weeks of vacation
- Paid CME
- Paid licensure
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Incentive plan
Qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy.
- Completion of an approved residency program in primary care specialty medicine.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Arkansas.
- DEA licensure.
- Sufficient experience to carry out the duties of this position.
- Must be qualified in Basic Life Support techniques.
- Ability to relate with effectiveness to patients and other providers of the community health center.
- CPR and ACLS training within 9 months of employment.
- Appointment to this position will be for the term of the grant supporting this position, so long as federal funds are available.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Excellent organizational, written, and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to understand verbal communication and instruction, exchange verbal information, and present information verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities, and others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
If you are interested in joining our fast-growing Community Health Network, please fill out the form below and upload your resume and letter of interest.