Healthy Connections Community Health Network seeks a practice manager covering our Little Rock, Bryant, and Russellville locations.
The Practice Manager position is responsible for managing all of the day to day functions of the practice and providing administrative oversight of all services offered by the practice to deliver excellent customer service, quality care and service to patients consistent with HCI policies, guidelines, goals and values. The Practice Manager works under the direct supervision of the Director of Practice Management and as a team member with all management and lead positions. The Practice Manager will evaluate business metrics in order to refine processes and improve efficiencies and profitability. This position works closely with revenue cycle staff to identify areas for improvement in documentation, workflow and revenue cycle management processes by taking initiative and utilizing effective-problem solving skills.
- Is familiar with and manages systems for conducting patient intake, pre-screening, triaging, treatment prioritizing, scheduling, releasing of patient records as requested, referral coordination and patient payments.
- Provides and promotes outstanding customer service to the patient community with the goal to achieve no patient complaints.
- Responds efficiently to patient needs and inquiries.
- Observes patient confidentiality at all times.
- Portrays a professional positive attitude to patients and parents.
Staff Relations/Team Building:
- Participates in and holds meetings and in-services.
- Actively understands and helps to implement practice goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems such as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Meaningful Use (MU) and other programs or objectives for HCI.
- Develops collaborative relationships with other departments, managers/leads, services and community health care agencies to facilitate and support quality care.
- Supervises staff as necessary.
- Arranges for the recruitment, hiring and training of permanent and temporary staff.
- Management of excellent patient service is given to our patients in person and on the phone.
- Ensures telephone answering is done in a timely and positive manor, employees are using professional etiquette at all time, and any appropriate follow up is done in a timely manner.
- Ensures chart covers are printed out and worked correctly for next day appointments.
- Ensures the providers schedule remains full and if patients drop off, those open slots are actively being filled same day.
- Ensures patients receive follow up appointments at time of check out.
- Ensures preparation of error free electronic charts are being made.
- Ensures accurate sliding fee and third-party payment information is taken at each appointment.
- Ensures all faxing, scanning, and collecting fees are done at each appointment.
- Ensures insurance verification is done on all patients day of appointment before they are seen.
- Oversees locations patient AR balance, and actively and continually oversees the working of this report to decrease the amount.
- Identifies direct reports strengths and weaknesses as pertaining to their job description and uses this information to help with succession planning, continual feedback, and continual training.
- Oversees direct reports time cards, work schedules, and evaluations.
- Develops, monitors, and assesses business metrics in order to refine processes and improve efficiencies and profitability. Establishes internal goals and identifies external benchmarks and monitors ongoing.
- Coordinates and provides oversight for inventory of equipment and supplies, equipment cleaning, sanitation, maintenance, repairs and inspections.
- Ensures compliance for all staff with OSHA other applicable local, state and federal regulations. Maintains facilities and equipment cleanliness and safety then reports and/or corrects hazards when necessary.
- Develops and implements procedures outlining in detail and training in the responsibilities, operational features and objectives of the department. Oversees financial administrative functions in an accurate and timely matter: patient co-pay collection, daily balancing; daily deposit; reconcile invoices; staff timesheets; manage PRN, full-time and part-time staff.
- Competently understands the job description of direct reports.
- Coordinates training, and cross-training of direct reports to ensure optimal operation of the practice.
- Achieves revenue goals by effectively managing patient scheduling, staff productivity, collections and receivables and miscellaneous operations expenses to provide the most optimal result for the department profit and loss.
- Works with the Financial Counselor to ensure an efficient front office check in and check out process. Cross-training and coordination of efforts between the Front Office Staff, Financial Counselor and Back Office Staff; necessary to maintain optimum office efficiency.
- Manages and assists designated staff with appropriate payment and insurance processes.
- Administers the operations of the practice software program and associated subprograms.
- Maintains a clean, clutter free work environment in the office and reception area.
- Ensures flawless execution of operational standards, including compliance with established company policies, procedures and government regulations.
- Manages direct patient traffic flow.
- Responsible for coordination with the billing department to ensure that latest billing codes are being utilized for charge entry and billing
- Coordinates with front office staff to ensure patient has met with the Financial Counselor and is approved for appropriate payment terms or financial status.
- Runs and analyzes management reports and takes appropriates action.
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day running of the practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Management/supervisory experience in a medical office environment and/or healthcare clinic.
- Experience with revenue cycle management, insurance plans and claims processing.
- Experience in medical terminology and office procedures.
- Knowledge of practice management software a plus.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) skills are preferred but not required.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Excellent organizational, written and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to other locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to understand verbal communication and instruction, exchange verbal information and to present information verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities and others.
The people at Healthy Connections are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We are serious about our business and delivering the best service to our patients, employees, and vendors, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
- Four-day workweek
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
If you believe you have what it takes, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position.