136 Health Park Lane, Mena, Arkansas 71953
Who we’re seeking
Healthy Connections is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician based at our flagship location in Mena.
Healthy Connections Community Health Network is a Mena-based nonprofit organization serving the needs of children and adults throughout the areas we serve. Since its founding in 1998 as a home-visiting program, Healthy Connections has been able to provide much-needed health, dental, behavioral health, and social services to families of every lifestyle.
How you’ll contribute
Come be part of our growing team while helping your community! No nights, no weekends and a small clinic setting to help grow your career. We are looking for qualified candidates to serve in our Mena clinic.
The Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for maintaining an adequate inventory of lab supplies, materials, and laboratory equipment, ensure effective operation of all laboratory equipment, and that all regulatory requirements are adhered to. The MLT will be the department supervisor for all laboratory personnel.
We offer competitive salary, generous benefits benefits, 401(k) retirement plan and discounted Medical and Dental treatment for employees are a small part of the package. Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Employees’ families are eligible for the same benefits at discounted pre-tax rates. .
- Competitive Salary
- Four-day workweek
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- And more
Qualifications for this job
- This position requires a Medical Lab Technician Degree or equivalent and city/state licenses or permits to qualify as Medical Lab Technician with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Associate of Science in in Medical Laboratory Technology, or a science related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Lab Technician
- ASCP and/or AMT Certifications are a plus (must be registry eligible)
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience is a plus
- Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
- Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Maintaining licensure including required CMEs.
- Must be Registry Eligible.
- Knowledge of HIPAA patient confidentiality requirements.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Industry Safety requirements.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Excellent organizational, written and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities and others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaintfilingcust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442
Healthy Connections is an approved NHSC site offering health workforce incentive programs such as scholarships and loan repayments for those that qualify.
If you are interested in joining our fast-growing Community Health Network, please fill out the application form.