- West Central Health Clinic: 4511 John Barrow Road, LIttle Rock
Healthy Connections is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner/APRN for the West Central Health Clinic in the John Barrow Neighborhood of LIttle Rock.
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) works as part of the clinic provider team performing a variety of direct patient services including assessment, diagnosis, implementation of treatment, evaluation, and monitoring the general patient management plan for clinic patients. The APRN performs these functions in collaboration and supervision of a licensed physician in a primary health care setting.
Job duties include
- Obtaining complete medical, social and family history from patient, and/or family, and/or previous medical record, etc.
- Prescribing medications, therapy, and treatments according to therapeutic goals, and counseling patients, and families as to expected goals and outcomes.
- Teaches and counsels patients and families.
- Helps to implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems such as Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Meaningful Use (MU), and other programs or objectives for HCI.
- Supports and helps to achieve HCI’s clinical and business work plan in accordance with standards required to meet Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition and other programs or objectives for HCI.
- Develops collaborative relationships with other departments, services, and community health care agencies to facilitate and support quality care.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the Medical Director, Assigned Physician or APRN, Director of Quality, or Quality Assurance Reviewer to meet the goal of providing primary healthcare services.
- Assesses, diagnoses, implements, treats, evaluates, and monitors patients’ health status.
- Performs complete physical examinations on patients within their scope of practice.
- Orders routine and diagnostic lab and x-ray studies as indicated by protocol.
- Diagnoses acute and chronic illness on the basis of clinical findings, laboratory and x-ray reports, and/or the results of other diagnostic procedures according to approved protocols.
- Formulates, initiates, and monitors patient management plans for patients assigned to the APRN, using protocols and/or consultation with a collaborative physician.
- Refers patients requiring hospitalization or assessment and management of conditions to supervising physicians or appropriate specialists. Follows patients’ progress with the physician.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, a Nurse Practitioner program recognized by the Board of Nursing, or from a program otherwise designated for APN which has been approved by the State Board of Nursing.
- Arkansas APRN licensure.
- The ability to relate with effectiveness to patients and providers.
- Must be qualified in Basic Life Support techniques.
- CPR and ACLS training within 9 months of employment.
- DEA licensure.
- Sufficient experience to carry out the duties of this position.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Excellent organizational, written and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to understand verbal communication and instruction, exchange verbal information and to present information verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities and others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
- Either be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or willing to be vaccinated before starting employment.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401k retirement savings account
- Vacation and sick leave
- Four-day workweek
- And more
NHSC loan repayment program
“Healthy Connections is an Approved NHSC site offering health workforce incentive programs such as scholarships and loan repayment programs for those that qualify.”