208-B McAuley Court, Hot Springs, Arkansas.
This position will also cover patients in Mena and Malvern.
Who we’re seeking
Healthy Connections is seeking a non-invasive cardiologist to join our team of medical professionals.
Who we are
Healthy Connections Community Health Network is a Mena-based nonprofit organization serving the needs of children and adults throughout the areas we serve. Since its founding in 1998 as a home-visiting program, Healthy Connections has been able to provide much-needed health, dental, behavioral health, and social services to families of every lifestyle.
How you’ll contribute
- Prescribing tests, treatments.
- Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Performing tests, when needed, to check the health of patients’ hearts and/or cardiovascular systems.
- Interpreting test results to determine how effectively the heart and/or cardiovascular system is functioning.
- Using medical imaging equipment, such as CT and MRI scanners, to diagnose and treat heart and/or cardiovascular conditions.
- Prescribing medication to treat heart and/or cardiovascular disease.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Training and providing educational support to junior staff, when necessary.
- No on-call nights or weekends
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K retirement savings account
- Vacation and sick leave
- Four-day workweek
- And more
Qualifications for this job
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
- 3 to 5 years’ internship and clinical residency training, specializing in cardiology.
- Certification by The American Board of Internal Medicine in cardiology and/or a sub specialty, such as cardiovascular disease.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Wonderful bedside manner.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Excellent organizational, written and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities and others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaintfilingcust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442
Healthy Connections is an approved NHSC site offering health workforce incentive programs such as scholarships and loan repayments for those that qualify.
If you are interested in joining our fast-growing Community Health Network, please fill out the application form.