136 Health Park Lane, Mena, Arkansas 71953
Who we’re seeking
Healthy Connections is seeking a Patient Care Clinical Assistant to work with our flagship clinic in Mena, Arkansas.
Healthy Connections Community Health Network is a Mena-based nonprofit organization serving the needs of children and adults throughout the areas we serve. Since its founding in 1998 as a home-visiting program, Healthy Connections has been able to provide much-needed health, dental, behavioral health, and social services to families of every lifestyle.
How you’ll contribute
Patient Care Clinical Assistants work with physicians and other health care professionals to anticipate and respond to patient needs and the requests of the health care team. The Patient Care Clinical Assistant will also work as part of the medical office team performing those clerical duties necessary to prepare patients for a visit, to arrange for payment, and to make reappointments when necessary. This position is an essential step towards meaningful interactions that enables us fulfil our mission of serving our communities.
Facilitates patient visits and supports the health care provider by anticipating and responding to patient needs and requests of the health care team. Allows care providers to focus on patient care by coordinating details of patient visits which include: coordinating complex appointment schedules and daily activities of the care providers in a multispecialty medical practice, preparing patients, completing pre-examination record information, managing the flow of patient materials.
The Patient Care Clinical Assistant provides limited direct patient services and performs specifically designated independent procedures.
Work includes responsibility for significant interpersonal staff and public contact, appropriate and professional conduct, professional attire, independent judgment, discretion and personal initiative as well as resolution of difficult and complex problems. Excellent communication skills, and the ability to consistently maintain composure throughout all situations is an absolute must for this position.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K retirement savings account
- Vacation and sick leave
- Four-day workweek
- And more
Qualifications for this job
- High school diploma
- Two years of customer service experience required, including administrative, physician’s office, appointment scheduler, or retail/service industry.
- CNA or Phlebotomy Certificate is preferred
- Individuals without relevant medical education or medical experience will be required to successfully complete a Medical Terminology course within six months of employment.
- Individuals may also need to complete an Anatomy/Physiology and/or Pharmacology course (whichever is most relevant to the department).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required in some areas.
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required.
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
- Experience with complex patients with physical and behavioral health illnesses.
- Customer Service skills and experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with PCMH (Patient Centered Medical Home) preferred.
- Excellent organizational, written and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and to meetings outside of the service area.
- Requires computer skills (i.e., Windows-based applications and intranet/internet use) with the ability to key board.
- Ability to work independently, be goal directed and have strong organizational skills.
- Excel in both verbal and written communication, including proper telephone etiquette, face-to-face interactions, and electronic communications.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and small groups with credibility and confidence.
- Ability to handle difficult situations, remain calm under stress, manage emotional situations, display empathy and maintain positive communication.
- Turn problems into opportunities by developing innovative and creative solutions.
- Demonstrate a friendly, positive attitude, display energy and drive in performing daily responsibilities, and convey an impression which reflects favorably upon Practice Operations Support Services.
- Must be flexible as well as easily adapt to a changing work environment which will require ongoing maintenance of job-related skills/activities.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaintfilingcust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442
Healthy Connections is an approved NHSC site offering health workforce incentive programs such as scholarships and loan repayments for those that qualify.
If you are interested in joining our fast-growing Community Health Network, please fill out the application form.