- 3604 Central Avenue, Hot Springs, AR, 71913, United States
Healthy Connections is seeking an experienced pediatrician (MD/DO) to work with our Community Health Network location in Hot Springs.
The pediatrician works as part of the medical provider team. Responsibilities include a variety of direct patient services, including assessment, diagnosis, implementation of treatment, evaluation, and monitoring the general patient management plan for pediatrics patients.
- Provides direct primary medical care by caring for pediatric patients
- Develops a plan of care for each patient, including complete medical history, physician examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment, and/or referral including hospitalization where necessary.
- Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Teaches and counsels patients and families.
Staff Relations/Team Building:
- Confers with consulting physicians, nurses, patients, and patients’ families concerning treatment and care of patients.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the community health center to meet the goals of providing primary health care.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the Medical Director, Assigned Physician or APN, Director of Quality, or Quality Assurance Reviewer to meet the goal of providing primary healthcare services.
- Assesses, diagnoses implements treatment evaluates, and monitors patients’ health status.
- Performs complete physical examinations on patients.
- Diagnose acute and chronic illness on the basis of clinical findings, laboratory and x-ray reports, and/or the results of other diagnostic procedures according to approved protocols.
- Renders emergency care and treatment.
- Uses all available resources in diagnosis and treatment such as laboratory and radiological testing in an appropriate and cost-efficient manner.
- Refers to patients requiring hospitalization or require specialist services but maintains responsibility assuring that continuity of care is provided.
- Makes every effort to maintain sufficient patient encounters to comply with the Bureau of Primary Healthcare requirements.
- Perform his/her duties in accordance with the rules of ethics of the medical profession.
- Perform his/her duties in accordance with the appropriate standard of care for his/her medical profession and specialty.
- Perform individual emergency treatment while already providing or undertaking covered services.
“Healthy Connections is an Approved NHSC site offering health workforce incentive programs such as scholarships and loan repayment programs for those that qualify.”
- 4-day work week
- No weekends
- No on-call
- All daytime shifts
- 401K with match
- Paid medical and dental insurance
- Four weeks of vacation
- Paid CME
- Paid licensure
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Incentive plan
Qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy.
- Completion of an approved residency program in primary care specialty medicine.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Arkansas.
- DEA licensure.
- Sufficient experience to carry out the duties of this position.
- Must be qualified in Basic Life Support techniques.
- Ability to relate with effectiveness to patients and other providers of the community health center.
- CPR and ACLS training within 9 months of employment.
- Appointment to this position will be for the term of the grant supporting this position, so long as federal funds are available.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, and familiarity with network systems.
- Excellent organizational, written, and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to travel to all locations and meetings outside of the service area.
- Ability to understand verbal communication and instruction, exchange verbal information, and present information verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, business entities, and others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
If you are interested in joining our fast-growing Community Health Network, please fill out the form below and upload your resume and letter of interest.