Healthy Families Arkansas Polk and Garland Counties
Healthy Families America (HFA) believes all parents have strengths. Through regular home visits and monthly group meetings HFA staff, strive to empower families to provide a healthy, nurturing environment for their children. HFA is a FREE national evidence-based initiative to help parents get their children off to a healthy start. Participation in HFA services is strictly voluntary. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a part of our program, family support workers are listed below. Healthy Families America (HFA) program serves first- and second-time moms in Polk and Garland Counties. Services can be provided until the child reaches three years of age. All services are free.
Core Services Provided:
- Education on child development and positive parenting practices.
- Assistance in finding and using a “medical and dental home”.
- Completing Medicaid applications, WIC
andother needed services.
- Transportation to assist in prenatal and well-baby check-ups and required immunizations.
- Aid and support for completing high school and working through barriers that hinder school attendance. Support identifying realistic goals for higher education and/or employment.
transitioningto independent living.
- Crisis Intervention.
- Support obtaining childcare, childcare enrollment and accessing other resources as needed.
Family Support Specialist in Garland and Hot Spring counties:
Program Manager and Family Specialist in Polk County:
Family Support Specialist (Polk County):
479-437-3449 Ext 176
This project is funded by a grant from The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and Health Resources and Services Administration. Click here for more information.