Healthy Connections clinics remain open during the COVID-19 outbreak. However, we have made some operational changes to many of our locations to help ensure the safety of our patients and staff members.
- All persons entering a Healthy Connections clinic must be screened before they enter. This includes both patients and staff. Those who are not feeling well or who fail the screening process will be either sent to a designated treatment location or back to their car to receive treatment.
- Healthy Connections can test for COVID-19. However, it is not appropriate to test everyone who has symptoms. If you are determined to have the flu or COVID-19 symptoms, you will be tested first for flu and then for strep. If those come back negative, you may then be given a COVID-19 test.
- Our Healthy Connections dental clinics in Mena and Hot Springs are now open 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday for emergency procedures only. The American Dental Association has recommended this change and we are complying with their requests.
- If you are picking up prescriptions at the Mena clinic pharmacy, you must call the pharmacy upon your arrival. They will bring your prescriptions out to you. No patients will be allowed to visit the pharmacy area of the clinic.
- The Arkadelphia clinic will now see only OBGYN patients. We have moved Veronica Cannon, APRN, to the Malvern clinic and all primary care/family medicine patients will be seen there. This step has been taken to ensure the health and safety of our pregnant mothers.
- No patients are currently being seen at the school-based health centers at Acorn, Mount Ida and ASU-Three Rivers in Malvern. Patients in these communities will be seen at:
- Healthy Connections Mena: 136 Health Park Lane, Mena
- Healthy Connections Mount Ida: 534 Luzerne St., Mount Ida
- Healthy Connections Malvern: 900 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Malvern
- We are finalizing our process to allow for telehealth/e-visits with your providers. All patients who participate in telehealth/e-visits will need to fill out and return a consent form. Please watch for more information soon.
- The Hot Springs Chippewa clinic location (1723 Malvern Ave., Hot Springs) will be closed on Friday, March 27. Patients will be seen that day at the Central Avenue location (3604 Central Ave.). The Chippewa clinic will re-open on Monday, March 30.
Healthy Connections is committed to the health and well-being of our staff, patients and visitors. Please bear with us during these times of change and remember that all of these policies are subject to change when new information becomes available.
Please remember to keep checking our COVID-19 page at www.healthy-connections.org/covid-19 for the latest information and tips from our trusted healthcare professionals.